Social networks won't kill email. At the very least, you need an email to become a member. In every registration process, websites ask for an email. So even if a big part of the conversations between people, something that use to happen by email, is happening on social networks like Facebook or Twitter, email is here to stay.
Depending on how you establish your working methodology with emails, they are part of your day to day objectives. I use my inbox to organize all my pending to dos. If it is not in my inbox, it do not exist. When my inbox has a few emails, I am happy. When my email is full, I am stressed. Email drives my working days and I think it is going to be like this for a while.
Once the spam problem has been fixed by the major email platforms like GMail or Hotmail, and now that we are able to control our email through our smart phones, we can leverage our productivity and have more time to think, to read, to talk, and to do other things that are important in business. Communication is king, but quality is what makes the difference.
There are some internet businesses that focus on email that are fantastic. I think that the best are the online private sales. Companies like Gilt, Vente Privée or Privalia use email as the primary vehicle to sell their products online. They send timely, quality information into the inboxes of their customers. The magic thing is to send the right message to right person at the right time: when the customer takes the time to check and read email.
Having seen how the business of online private sales has grown over the past five years using email to drive their incredible success, I am convinced that email will continue to be a strong online business. Every online business based on email has a high probability of success. Email is like an online ID and coupled with smart phones it is the best way to earn money by beeing in touch with your customers. The sound of an incoming email on a smart phone is like talking to your customers all the time.
Content-related video:

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario